Aims and Values
A Hazlegrovian in the 21st century is a child that is empathetic, kind and connected to the world; one who is independent but knows that developing relationships and a sense of duty to the community are integral to a successful life. A vibrant and creative curriculum, exceptional pastoral care and stunning rural Somerset location combine to make children feel nurtured, motivated, inspired and encouraged to love learning for life.
Within this family focused environment, academic rigour sits alongside endeavour and ambition. This offer reflects Hazlegrove’s status as an exceptional coeducational full boarding and day school for children between 2-13 years. Hazlegrove enables children to be children and is committed to celebrating childhood.
- To inspire and guide children to lead happy, purposeful and fulfilled lives
- To develop a sense of self and well-being in a safe and nurturing environment
- To provide a first-class education for all which offers an exciting and valuable range of opportunities and experiences
- To light the spark of curiosity, creativity and endeavour which will last for life
- To build a strong day and boarding community, connected to the world, which inspires love, respect and empathy
- To offer the best possible preparation and guidance for each child’s future.
- To develop strong relationships and moral principles underpinned by our School’s values, which are human or global values, common to those of Christian faith, other faiths or none. Being part of a Christian foundation, we practise the following Christian traditions such as singing hymns, reading from the Bible, saying Prayers and Grace, celebrating Easter, Advent, and Christmas, including the Nativity. We also encourage spirituality, in which we hope to promote a sense of wonder and awe of the world around us.