Parents at Hazlegrove play a significant role in life at Hazlegrove.
In addition to being supportive and interested in their childrens' education they are able to get involved in other areas of school life at a level that suits them such as:
- Supporting sports matches at home or away
- Watching concerts and plays
- Attending Friends' events, coffee mornings, boarders' parents' tea or the men's breakfast club
- Participating in the activities organised for parents such as tennis, fitness, pilates, running, netball and golf
- Getting involved with the Friends of Hazlegrove either on the Committee or helping run specific Friends events
The Friends of Hazlegrove
The Friends of Hazlegrove represent all pupils, parents and staff currently at the school.
Friends' events run throughout the year – a great way to meet others…and to have some fun. The proceeds from any events held are given to specific projects within the school or to charities of special interest to us.
Various activities are coordinated through a committee made up of parents from all Pre-Prep and Prep School year groups. We are always looking for extra help with events – so do, please, volunteer if you would like to get involved. The committee rotates on a regular basis and new members are most welcome.
If you have any suggestions or feedback, please contact a member of the committee via the school office. Committee members’ contact details are also provided in the Friends’ Directory.
Major contributions by the Friends
- Purchase of two Hegnar saws for the DT Depatment
- Contribution to the new Adventure Playground tower
- £5k contribution to the new Pre-Prep bandstand
- £10k contribution to the Bastion all weather courts
- £30k contribution to the Moore All Weather Pitch Appeal
- New ‘super large’ playhouse for Pre-Prep children
- New microphones and tenor saxophone
- Purchase of portable staging
- Quality workbenches for Design & Technology Department
- Restoration of Adventure Playground
- Donation of £4k to adoptsrilanka.com following the Tsunami Disaster
- Portable cooker purchased for the Pre-Prep
- £4k raised for new and restored instruments for the Music Department